GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for light construction, maintenance and custodial duties.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports To: IT Manager
FLSA: Full Time -Non-Exempt
JOB Description PDF
1. Perform light construction projects.
2. Ensures that all light fixtures are in working order.
3. Performs basic repairs on equipment and furniture.
4. Removes snow from walkways and other public areas.
5. Maintains clean outside building appearance.
6. Clean and maintain filters and screens for water and dryer systems
7. Checks in purchased goods and shipping deliveries and reconciles with Finance.
8. Schedule and Coordinate construction projects with vendors.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required. Trade or vocational school diploma or certification preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Two years work experience, preferable in a health care setting.
- Knowledge of building maintenance concepts, plumbing and electrical wiring.
- Knowledge of cleaning standards, methods, and materials.
- Knowledge of common safety codes, hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and HVAC.
- Skill in using precision tools.
- Skill in manual and finger dexterity
- Skill in repairing equipment and remodeling work areas.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with co-workers. Must be able to drive between office locations.
PHYSICIAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Prolonged walking or standing, repeated stooping, squatting, stretching, requiring full range of body movements. Requires eye-hand coordination in utilizing equipment and tools. Frequent lifting and carrying materials up to 75 pounds. Regular use of ladders. Possible exposure to chemical hazards.