GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Assist the Doctor’s Assistant with charts, test results, scheduling and precerting tests, and surgery paperwork while providing outstanding patient care and customer service. This position will progress into a doctor assistant.
Job Title: Medical Office Assistant (MOA)
Reports To: Operations Manager
FULL TIME NON – EXEMPT
JOB Description PDF
- Preparing information for surgeries
- Preparing charts for office hours
- Scheduling and requesting appointments, x-rays, tests, surgeries, depositions and perscriptions
- Processing mail and filing
- Other duties as assigned – i.e. covering physican’s calls for co-workers as needed
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent. Certificate or degree from accredited medical secretary program is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: One year of medical or medical office experience, and computer experience in a medical office setting. Knowledge of medical terminology, basic anatomy and physiology.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office setting with some travel between offices. May be stressful at times due to multiple projects and priorities. May deal with angry or upset patients.
PHYSICIAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work requires hand dexterity, stooping, bending, and sitting. Employee must possess visuals and auditory acuity in order to communicate with physicians, co-workers, patients and outside customers.