The physicians and staff at OIP are experts at caring for patients injured on the job. We understand how important it is for injured workers to fully recover and return to work. To get you back to health faster, we provide on-site workers' compensation services.
The facts are clear and speak for themselves: work injuries happen, and they happen regularly. According to information from the United States Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, nonfatal occupational injuries occur to about 107 out of every 10,000 workers.
While that incidence rate may not sound high, when you consider how many people are working in the nation, the numbers start to quickly add up. This is why OIP’s workers’ compensation coordinators and specialists continually see workers’ comp patients from all parts of central PA at our offices in Harrisburg, Camp Hill, Hershey, Millersburg, Sunbury, McConnellsburg, Newport and Carlisle.
Common Workers’ Compensation Injuries
Depending on the type of work you do, you could suffer from a wide range of injuries while performing regular duties for your employer. Below are some of the more common workers’ comp cases that we treat at our care centers:
- Slips and falls – These injuries may cause immediate trauma to your body, or may not be obvious at first, creating pain over time.
- Strikes by objects – In some facilities, such as manufacturing environments, objects may become untethered or unstable and fall on personnel. In these cases, the injuries could be mild to severe.
- Driving accidents – If you drive as a part of your work, you could become a traffic incident victim. This would fall under the category of workers’ compensation if the accident occurred while you were officially at work.
- Repetitive motions – The human body sometimes responds unfavorably to repetitive motions, from moving crates from a dock into a truck, to typing on a keyboard. These responses can lead to orthopedic issues, such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Machinery accidents – Both light and heavy machinery can cause orthopedic injuries to workers, such as through mechanism malfunctions.
No matter what kind of harm you have experienced in an on-the-job environment, please call OIP to speak to our workers’ compensation team in the central PA area.
Compassionate, Professional Workers’ Compensation Coordinator and Team Members
Our on-site workers’ compensation services are designed to help you through the use of conservative care methods. Our goal is not to immediately give you surgery, especially if surgery isn’t warranted or an alternative is available. We do everything in our power to help your body heal itself using efficient methods and world-class techniques. When orthopedic surgery becomes necessary, you can trust that our workers’ compensation doctors, also orthopedic surgeons, are among the finest throughout the nation.
Hurt on the Job? Get an Appointment With our Workers’ Compensation Specialist
Timely communication between physicians, employers and insurance companies is important. That’s why we provide a Workers’ Compensation Coordinator with more than 19 years of experience to help coordinate our patients’ care. However, we cannot take the necessary steps to help you get back to a fulfilling career until you contact us. Please contact OIP or schedule an appointment today to discuss your situation right away. We look forward to showing you why we have developed a reputation for being a committed workers’ compensation resource in central PA.