THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED REGULARLY AS NEW INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE.
At Orthopedic Institute of Pennsylvania and Arlington Orthopedics the safety of our patients, as well as our staff, is our top priority. We want to ensure that we balance our compliance with state and national recommendations regarding social distancing and providing you orthopedic care that meets your needs. As recent events have made us all aware, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a highly contagious disease that is impacting individuals across the globe and within our local communities. Although there may be some uncertainties surrounding the spread of the virus, we are committed to remain vigilant in doing all we can to protect everyone who may enter our our offices, and we ask our visitors to do the same.
OIP and Arlington has suspended all elective surgery cases.
Urgent and emergent surgeries and procedures will continue to be performed. This measure is part of our effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and assist local hospitals and medical centers by conserving resources to be used to fight this pandemic. This is especially important as confirmed positive cases of the virus are in our local community. Our physicians will make case-by-case decisions using the specific clinical circumstances of each of our patients. We will be reaching out to our patients in the event their care will be affected.
Modified office hours.
All of our physician offices will remain open with modified schedules. If you have an appointment and haven’t received a call to reschedule, please plan to arrive at your scheduled time. Our injury clinics and MRI offices will remain open with regular business hours. As always, you can call 855-OUCH-OIP 24/7 for orthopedic care assistance.
We adhere to strict cleanliness protocol.
Even before these recent events, all of our medical offices have followed strict sterilization, cleanliness, and safety protocol which will continue to be followed by our physicians and staff. As a supplemental measure during this period of increased awareness, each of our offices are receiving additional deep cleanings and sterilizations. Be assured that all of our patient exam rooms, X-ray machines, MRI machines, and all other medical equipment is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before and after each patient visit.
When planning a visit to OIP/Arlington Orthopedics, please follow these guidelines:
1. If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, such as: fever, coughing and/or trouble breathing, please call us to reschedule your upcoming appointment.
2. To limit potential exposure to viruses, we ask that guests do not escort you to your visit unless it is necessary for your medical care.
3. Our physicians and staff members are committed to efficient and expedient expert care during your office visit. Please assist them in their efforts by having all of your information ready so we can decrease the waiting room times for all guests. These measures will help reduce exposure to others by increasing social distancing.
4. If you have traveled abroad within the past 30 days, or if you’ve been exposed to someone who has traveled overseas, especially in China, Italy, South Korea, Iran, or Japan, or if you are experiencing respiratory symptoms, please discuss this with your Primary Care Physician prior to your visit.
5. All patients will be given the opportunity to give feedback after their visit. Please participate as this will help improve our procedures in our commitment to providing expert orthopedic care.
As always, the best way to avoid viruses of any kind is frequent, good handwashing of at least 20 seconds with soap and water. This is especially important after coughing or sneezing. Additionally, avoid close contact with people who are sick. Click here for more prevention guidelines.
Last Updated on