GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Reconciliation of patient accounts, daily and month end reporting, contract management; Payroll approval for the accounting department; Backup for purchasing.
Job Title: Accounting Specialist
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
FULL TIME NON – EXEMPT
JOB Description PDF
1. Provide change for cash drawers
2. Reconciles patient account postings with deposits and ACH, and Physical Therapy daily
3. Month end reports for income allocation and ancillary comparatives
4. Works with Chief Financial Officer on payer contracts
5. Assist with contract management
6. Medent reports and other reporting as required
7. Payroll approval for accounting department
8. Check ACH, NSF checks, check imaging for practice and therapy
9. Act as a backup for the Purchasing Clerk position
10. Other monthly accounting duties as assigned
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Two years billing/accounting experience in a health care organization.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Knowledge of medical billing practices and office policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of insurance
- Knowledge of all confidentially requirements regarding patients and strict maintenance of proper confidentiality on all such information.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, basic anatomy and physiology
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Skill in operating computers, calculators, copiers, printers, fax machines, and telephones
- Skill in using a 10 key calculator
- Excellent math skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Must possess tact and diplomacy
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to perform the essential responsibilities to meet customer needs effectively
- Demonstrates initiative to provide quality of services and improve efficiency
- Maintains positive working relations with co-workers
- Time management skills
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with the public. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
PHYSICIAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work requires hand dexterity for office machine operation, stooping and bending to files and supplies, mobility to complete errands, or sitting for extended periods of time. Must possess visual and auditory acuity in order to communicate with co-workers, patients and other customer groups. Possible exposure to chemical hazards. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Last Updated on