GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Clinical Assistant is responsible for assisting physicians with evaluation, management, and treatment of patients during office visits and other tasks related to the visit consistent with his/her training and skills.
Job Title: Clinical Assistant
Reports To: Clinical Manager
FULL TIME NON – EXEMPT
JOB Description PDF
1. Assures efficient patient flow through the office
2. Prepares patient for examination
3. Assists the physician with patient care during the visit
4. Removing sutures and staples and casting
5. Assists the physician with entering office notes
6. Triages phone calls from patients to answer any questions or concerns
7. Enters labs, order and prescriptions into EMR
8. Patient Education
EDUCATION: Minimum of Associates Degree preferred or completion of a Medical Assistant program. Certified MA required.
EXPERIENCE: Prefer minimum of 1 year work experience in a health care facility setting.
REQUIREMENTS: Maintains CPR certification and CMA certification. Excellent clinical skills with outstanding customer service skills required.
- Knowledge of health care field and orthopedics.
- Knowledge of specific assisting tasks relate to orthopedics.
- Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families.
- Knowledge of medical office clinical equipment and testing procedures is required.
- Clinical Skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Must possess tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrates flexibility by adapting to new and changing situations and duties in order to meet customer needs effectively.
- Maintains positive working relations with co-workers
- Time management skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment and see them through to completion
- Sound judgment and problem solving ability
- Ability to implement appropriate written protocols following physician interpretation of fractures and dislocations on x-ray films.
- Ability to drive from one location to another
- Must be reliable
- Ability to document accurately and concisely
- Ability to perform while under stress
- Must possess sufficient dexterity to perform the essential responsibilities
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a medical practice environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Exposure to bodily fluids is possible.
PHYSICIAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work requires dexterity for walking, stooping, bending and lifting, mobility to assist patients, or standing and walking for extended periods of time. Must possess visual and auditory acuity in order to communicate with physicians, co-workers, patients and other customer groups. Possible exposure to chemical hazards, but is not limited to toxic hazardous substances, film processing solutions and disinfectants. Possible exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids. Must be able to lift patients.
Last Updated on