GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: This position will be responsible for maintaining the OIP Fax Tank and assisting with
projects related to electronic records coming in through the fax tank.
Job Title: Electronic Records Tech
Reports To: Operations Manager
JOB Description PDF
- Working, maintaining and managing the OIP Fax Tank
- Assisting with fax tank related projects (such as: fax related work flow process improvement, updating naming
conventions to reflect accurate document types, etc.)
- Serving as Point of Contact for Fax Tank related issues
- Quality Assurance (QA) responsibilities such as communicating to source providers if documents come through
the tank with the wrong date of birth, name spelling, etc. and requesting corrected documents from source
- Problem solving and communicating with Operations Manager, IT Manager, and/or Patient Services Manager to
resolve escalated issues related to electronic records
EDUCATION: One year of health care experience
- Knowledge: Knowledge of healthcare operations.
- Skills: Excellent oral and written communication. Excellent organizational skills.
- Abilities: Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a medical practice environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
PHYSICIAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work requires hand dexterity for office machine operation, stooping and bending to files and supplies, mobility to move charts, or sitting for extended periods of time. Must possess visual and auditory acuity in order to communicate with co-workers, patients and other customer groups. Possible exposure to chemical hazards, but is not limited to toxic hazardous substances. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.