GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Forms/Referral Clerk is responsible for completing all disability and miscellaneous forms that come into the office. This position is also responsible for processing, tracking and following up with all outside referrals. All mediation authorizations will be completed by this employee. Other tasks may be assigned as needed within the employees training and skills.
Job Title: Forms/Referral Clerk
Reports To: Clinical Manager
FULL TIME NON – EXEMPT
JOB Description PDF
- Complete forms
- Sending outside referrals
- Ensuring appointments are scheduled
- Scheduling follow up appointments
- Assists the physician with entering office notes
- Triages phone calls from patients to answer any questions or concerns
- Enters labs, order and prescriptions into EMR
- Patient Education
- Other duties as assigned – i.e. opening, closing, stocking, cleaning equipment
EDUCATION: Completion of a Medical Assistant program. Certified MA desired, willing to work with strong candidate.
EXPERIENCE: Prefer minimum of 1 year work experience in a health care facility setting.
REQUIREMENTS: Maintains CPR certification and CMA certification. Excellent clinical skills with outstanding customer service skills required.
- Knowledge of health care field and orthopedics.
- Knowledge of specific assisting tasks relate to orthopedics.
- Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families.
- Knowledge of medical office clinical equipment and testing procedures is required.
- Clinical Skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Must possess tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrates flexibility by adapting to new and changing situations and duties in order to meet customer needs effectively.
- Maintains positive working relations with co-workers
- Time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment and see them through to completion
- Sound judgment and problem solving ability
- Ability to implement appropriate written protocols following physician interpretation of fractures and dislocations on x-ray films.
- Ability to drive from one location to another
- Must be reliable
- Ability to document accurately and concisely
- Ability to perform while under stress
- Must possess sufficient dexterity to perform the essential responsibilities
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS:Work is performed in a medical practice environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Exposure to bodily fluids is possible.
PHYSICIAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work requires dexterity for walking, stooping, bending and lifting, mobility to assist patients, or standing, sitting and walking for extended periods of time. Must possess visual and auditory acuity in order to communicate with physicians, co-workers, patients and other customer groups. Possible exposure to chemical hazards, but is not limited to toxic hazardous substances, film processing solutions and disinfectants. Possible exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids. Must be able to lift patients.
Last Updated on