GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Groundskeeper/Maintenance is responsible for light construction, maintenance and custodial duties.
Job Title: Groundskeeper/Maintenance
Reports To: IT Manager
FLSA: Full Time -Non-Exempt
JOB Description PDF
- Performs light construction projects.
- Ensures that all light fixtures are in working order
- Performs basic repairs on equipment and furniture
- Removes snow from walkways and other public areas
- Maintains clean inside and outside building appearance
- Paints and touches up where necessary
- Cleans and maintains therapy dryer systems
- Checks in purchased goods and shipping deliveries and reconciles with Finance
- Schedule and coordinate construction projects with vendors
- Works closely with IT department for larger projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required. Trade or vocational school diploma or certification preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Two years work experience, preferable in a health care setting.
- Knowledge of building maintenance concepts, plumbing and electrical wiring
- Knowledge of cleaning standards, methods, and materials
- Knowledge of common safety codes, hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and HVAC
- Skill in using precision tools
- Skill in manual and finger dexterity
- Skill in repairing equipment and remodeling work areas
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office setting with some travel between offices. May be stressful at times due to multiple projects and priorities. May deal with angry or upset people.
PHYSICIAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: PWork requires hand dexterity for office machine operation, overhead work, stooping and bending to files and supplies, mobility to complete errands, or sitting for extended periods of time. There will be times necessary to climb ladders and work at heights. Must possess visual and auditory acuity in order to communicate with physicians, co-workers, and other customer groups. Possible exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Last Updated on