Job Title: IT Assistant
Reports To: IT Manager
FLSA: NON – Exempt
FULL TIME NON – EXEMPT
JOB Description PDF
- Assists End users with issues regarding computers, phones and peripherals
- Performs network backups for user files and Medent files
- Upload transcription files to outside vendor
- Performs weekly maintenance to prevent downtime
- Central communication between end users and area hospitals
- Works closely with maintenance tech and supports with larger tasks
- Other duties as assigned – special projects, etc.
EDUCATION: Prefer BA/BS in information systems/business and or an Associate Degree in a technical field
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year of experience in information systems – preferably in a health care setting.
REQUIREMENTS: Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
- Performs/maintains computer systems security for computer applications and customers
- Performs/maintains system administration
- Interfaces with present customers to resolve problems and to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Skill in organizing tasks
- Skill in using customer service skills in dealing with frustrated users
- Skill in masterful problem-solving
- Skill over a broad range of functional information management.
- Ability to communicate effectively in user friendly terms verbally and in writing
- Ability to resolve conflicts productively
- Ability to recognize underlying patterns and processes
- Ability to be oriented to end-user needs
- Ability to solve problems and work independently.
Work is performed in an office environment. Position involves frequent contact with staff. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. This position does require some travel.
Work requires hand dexterity, stooping, bending, mobility to complete errands and sitting. Employee must possess visual and auditory acuity in order to communicate with physicians, co-workers, patients and other customer groups. There is possible exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids. Employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Last Updated on