GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Works in the role of legal liaison for all medical-legal matters, strives to resolve patient issues for the good of the patient and the corporation. Serves as Privacy officer and HIPAA information resource. Serves as Compliance officer regarding all State and Federal regulations pertaining to medical practices and works with the Business Manager on matters regarding billing compliance. Models excellent customer service and strives to inspire staff to provide an outstanding patient experience.
Job Title: Manager of Risk, Compliance and Privacy
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
JOB Description PDF
- Manages the Medical Records, RRS, Forms Departments, Workers Compensation Department, MRI and Credentialing and Compliance Coordinator of the organization.
- Train new staff on Privacy, Compliance and Customer Service and protocols
- Acts as HIPAA Privacy Officer- Resource for staff with privacy questions, takes HIPAA complaints and addresses. Updates HIPAA policies and brochures.
- Updates HCP modules and tracks employee progress in completing training modules.
- Assist with interviewing and selecting candidates for open positions
- Resolve issues and concerns amongst staff members
- Help with annual reviews, corrective actions, and other employee relations functions
- Acts as Compliance Officer- works with Compliance Coordinator to keep Compliance Manual up to date.
- Develop and review all policies pertaining to Risk, Privacy and Compliance.
- Other duties as assigned- Residents and Student shadowing experiences, MIPS Project, work with patient survey information and resolve patient complaints/concerns, register clinical staff and new physicians for the PDMP website and monitor problems and make sure passwords are changed as needed. Set up EPCS tokens for new Providers.
- Work with physicians who Overread PA-C X-Rays.
- Communicates doctors needs to staff
- Talk to upset patients, aid resolving issues
- Assist Physicians and Doctor Assistants in the decision-making process and actual discharge of a patient from the practice.
- Works with malpractice insurer to communicate claims information and resolve matters
- Legal Liaison in Malpractice cases
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Current State RN license required
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years progressively responsible clinical and management experience or equivalent education.
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of fiscal management and human resource management practices
- Knowledge of computer systems, programs, and application
- Knowledge of health care administration principles.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Security regulations
- Knowledge of Medical Malpractice matters
- Resolve conflicts productively
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving, decision-making
- Ability to apply policies and principles to solve everyday problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Ability to work effectively with patients, staff, public
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities
- Ability to delegate responsibility and authority to staff
Work is performed in an office and/or clinical environment. Position involves frequent contact with staff and patients. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. This position does require some travel.
Work requires hand dexterity, stooping, bending, mobility to complete errands and sitting. Employee must possess visual and auditory acuity in order to communicate with physicians, co-workers, patients and other customer groups. There is possible exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids. Employee must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.