GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Patient Care Coordinator’s primary responsibility will be to facilitate flow through the injury clinic and physician office.
Job Title: Patient Care Coordinator
Reports To: Operations Manager
FULL TIME NON – EXEMPT
JOB Description PDF
- Constant monitoring of EMR system and schedule tracking
- Constant communication with patients, providers, management, clinical and non-clinical staff
- Assigns patients
- Ensures workload is balanced
- Delegates tasks appropriately
- Customer service and handling escalated patient issues
- Constant rounding with patients, staff and providers
- Helping transport/move patients throughout the clinic (e.g. help bring patients to X-ray, etc.)
- Assisting patients in getting out of the clinic in a timely fashion (e.g. Checking in on patients at surgery/test scheduling to determine if patients can be sent to virtual or at check out if they can be sent out without checking out)
- Crossed trained in both front and back office duties
- During downtime: stocking supplies, receiving, scanning, making x-ray discs, pushing films, etc.
- Safety checks
- Minimum of 3 years of health care experience
- Completion of Medical Assistant program or LPN program
- Knowledge: Knowledge of healthcare operations.
- Skills: Excellent oral and written communication. Excellent organizational skills.
- Abilities: Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment.
PHYSICIAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work requires hand dexterity, stooping, bending, mobility to complete errands and sitting. Employee must possess visual and auditory acuity in order to communicate with physicians, co-workers, patients and other customer groups. There is possible exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids. Employee must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Last Updated on