GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for greeting patients. Responsible for checking the patient in by verifying demographics, insurance and checking out patients and collecting co-pays and balance due.
Job Title: Patient Liaison
Reports To: Patient Support Team Supervisor
Department: Front Desk
PART TIME NON – EXEMPT
JOB Description PDF
1. Greet patients in a friendly manner, verify their demographic and insurance information is correct
2. Check out patients in a friendly manner, collecting co-pays and balance due.
3. Other duties as assigned- i.e. assisting other departments
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year experience in customer service setting, preferably six months receptionist experience in health care setting and experience with office equipment.
REQUIREMENTS: Excellent customer service skills. Flexibility to work nights and weekends
- Knowledge of reception tasks, office policies/procedures, paperwork.
- Knowledge of how to use office equipment
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques
- Knowledge of facility and surrounding facilities to assist or direct patients to other locations accordingly.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to deal effectively and courteously with patients and families and co-workers
- Skill in customer service principles by creating a pleasant waiting room atmosphere
- Following the HIPAA guidelines exchange patient related information with a variety of clinic personnel.
- Typing skills preferred.
- Skill in using office equipment and handling paperwork/filing adequately.
- Ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone and establish/ maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians, staff and other visitors.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions in English in order to prepare medical records charts, generate and prepare fee slips, and schedule appointments.
- Ability to review and enter patient information accurately.
- Ability to file correctly by alphabetic or numeric system.
- Ability to drive from one location to another
- Must be reliable
- Ability to perform while under stress
- Must possess sufficient dexterity to perform the essential responsibilities.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a medical practice environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
PHYSICIAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work requires hand dexterity for office machine operation, stooping and bending to files and supplies, mobility to move charts, or sitting for extended periods of time. Must possess visual and auditory acuity in order to communicate with co-workers, patients and other customer groups. Possible exposure to chemical hazards, but is not limited to toxic hazardous substances. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Last Updated on