GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for daily supervision of employees. Responsible for communicating with staff, other supervisors and team facilitators. Responsible for handling patient and staff concerns.
Job Title: Patient Registration Supervisor
Reports To: Operations Manager
Department: Front Desk
JOB Description PDF
- Ensure sufficient staff for departments, including during call offs/late arrivals
- Enter missed punches, approve and review PTO, mileage, expense reimbursement and approve times for payroll
- Responsible for daily cash process
- Assists Operations Manager with annual evaluations
- Assists Operations Manager with counseling employees and conduct correction actions and/or performance improvement plans
- Assists Operations Manager with hiring and interviewing new employees
- Monitor staff and patient flow
- Make departments aware of changes in policies and procedures
- Leading staff meetings with Operations Manager
- Participate as a member of the Administrative Team and attend Administrative meetings.
- Monitor errors made by employees
- Monitor the physicians schedules and adjust staffing levels accordingly
- Assist clinical staff with patient concerns or issues
- Assisting with the implementation of process improvement projects
- First line contact for patient issues
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required. Certification or degree from an accredited medical program is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in customer service setting. Previous supervisory/management experience within the medical field.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to deal effectively with staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of health care field and orthopedics.
- Knowledge of specific assisting tasks relate to orthopedics.
- Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families.
- Knowledge of medical office clinical equipment and testing procedures is required.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to deal effectively and courteously with staff, patients, and co-workers
- Skill in customer service principles to deal with patient concerns.
- Ability to be fair while also being consistent.
- Ability to communicate clearly in person, through email and on the phone and establish/ maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians, staff and other visitors.
- Ability to organize and hold meetings
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively
- Ability to travel between offices
- Must be reliable
- Ability to perform while under stress
- Must possess sufficient dexterity to perform the essential responsibilities.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a medical practice environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
PHYSICIAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work requires hand dexterity for office machine operation, stooping and bending to files and supplies, mobility to move charts, or sitting for extended periods of time. Must possess visual and auditory acuity in order to communicate with co-workers, patients and other customer groups. Possible exposure to chemical hazards, but is not limited to toxic hazardous substances. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.