GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Patient Services Supervisor is responsible for the leadership, oversight and organizational direction of Scheduling Coordinator Department. Responsible for management of surgical scheduling and compliance with hospital processes.
Job Title: Patient Services Supervisor
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
FULL TIME NON – EXEMPT
JOB Description PDF
- Ensuring compliance with all hospital policies, state and federal regulatory, licensing and accreditation agencies. Planning, direction, and coordination of the day to day operations and activities of multiple departments to maintain standards of care and service. Participation in strategic planning for surgical and ancillary service lines.
- Oversees the planning, preparation and delivery of high-quality services to hospital patients, employees, visitors, and medical staff. Ensures patient care and departmental standards are met. Creates new programs or services to enhance patient care and customer service. Implements changes in service delivery based on recognized “best practice” and input from internal and external customers.
- In collaboration with hospital management staff, surgeons and hospital support staff at minimizing risk, identifying deficits, and other process improvement initiatives.
- Conducts regular communication sessions with staff and management to advise and inform of organizational strategic plans, activities or changes; listens to and responds to concerns or issues relative to assigned areas.
- Develops standards of performance and performance goals, evaluate performance and competency, and hold staff accountable for meeting and exceeding the mission of the practice.
- Works with administrative team and HR manager to proactively identify recruitment and retention needs and ensures implementation of plans.
- Work directly with department managers to implement action plans to improve areas not hitting target and celebrate positive results; identifies best practices and encourages consistent execution across departments as applicable.
- Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with complete confidentiality and security.
- Ensure sufficient staffing for department.
- Make department aware of changes in policies and procedures.
- Complete annual evaluations.
- Counsel employees and create performance improvement plans, if necessary.
- Assist in hiring and interviewing new employees.
- Certification or degree from an accredited medical program is preferred.
- Minimum of five years progressively responsible clinical and management experience or equivalent education.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to deal effectively with staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of OIP practice and policies
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques
- Knowledge of facility and surrounding facilities to assist or direct staff and patients to other locations accordingly.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to deal effectively and courteously with staff, patients, and co-workers
- Skill in customer service principles to deal with patient concerns.
- Ability to be fair while also being consistent.
- Ability to communicate clearly in person, through email and on the phone and establish/ maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians, staff and other visitors.
- Ability to organize and hold meetings
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively
- Ability to travel between offices
- Must be reliable
- Ability to perform while under stress
- Must possess sufficient dexterity to perform the essential responsibilities.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a medical practice environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
PHYSICIAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work requires hand dexterity for office machine operation, stooping and bending to files and supplies, mobility to move charts, or sitting for extended periods of time. Must possess visual and auditory acuity in order to communicate with co-workers, patients and other customer groups. Possible exposure to chemical hazards, but is not limited to toxic hazardous substances. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Last Updated on