GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Provides evaluation and treatment for non-surgical and surgical spine patients
under the direction and supervision of the physician while providing outstanding patient care and customer service.
Job Title: Physician Assistant (PA-C)
Reports To: CEO/Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Clinical Supervisor
JOB Description PDF
- Partner with our physicians to provide un-matched patient care during office appointments
- Assess patients and provide evaluations
- Ordering diagnostic tests such as x-ray, CT scans, MRI scans, and EMG (electromyography) tests
- Establish the diagnosis and develop/implement patient treatment plan, and continue with continuity of care
- Counsel patients regarding the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment plan
- Perform procedures including muscle/tendon/joint injections
- Prescribe medications orthotics, physical therapy, procedures, and other pertinent treatments
- Dictation of notes for every patient seen
EDUCATION: Graduate of an AMA accredited program and Physician Assistant experience in a relevant clinical area required (e.g.
orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, physical medicine and rehabilitation) or equivalent combination of education and
EXPERIENCE: Orthopedics and Spine experience preferred
REQUIREMENTS: Maintains CPR certification and CMA certification. Excellent clinical skills with outstanding customer service skills required.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Certification by the National Commission of Physician Assistants, Licensure by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Certified to perform Basic Life Support and Advance Cardiac Life Support.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office setting with some travel between offices. May be stressful at times due to multiple
projects and priorities. May deal with angry or upset patients.
PHYSICIAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work requires hand dexterity, stooping, bending, and sitting. Employee must possess visuals and auditory acuity in
order to communicate with physicians, co-workers, patients and outside customers.
Last Updated on