GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Obtain pre-certifications from insurance carriers for tests, surgeries, DME products, physical therapy and visco supplements.
Job Title: Pre-certification Clerk
Reports To: Billing Office Manager
FULL TIME NON – EXEMPT
JOB Description PDF
- Verify eligibility/benefits with insurance companies
- Obtain certifications from insurance carriers
- Other duties as assigned
- Coding CPT and diagnosis codes for procedures
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: One year of medical or medical office experience and computer experience in a medical office setting a plus.
- Knowledge of insurance
- Knowledge of office procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Must possess tact and diplomacy
- Skill in operating computers, copiers, printers, fax machines, telephones
- Demonstrates flexibility by adapting to new and changing situations and duties in order to meet customer needs effectively
- Demonstrates initiative to provide quality of services and improve efficiency
- Maintains positive working relations with co-workers
- Time management skills
- Works independently
- Ability to exercise judgment and make decisions
- Ability to perform while under stress
- Ability to document accurately and concisely
- Must be reliable
- Must be able to communicate in the English language fluently.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with the public. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
PHYSICIAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work requires hand dexterity for office machine operation, stooping and bending to files and supplies, mobility to complete errands, or sitting for extended periods of time. Must possess visual and auditory acuity in order to communicate with co-workers, patients and other customer groups. Possible exposure to chemical hazards, but is not limited to toxic hazardous substances.
Last Updated on