GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the accounting department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization.
Job Title: Senior Staff Accountant
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
FULL TIME NON – EXEMPT
JOB Description PDF
- Examine accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Prepare standard and adjusting journal entries.
- Report to the Chief Financial Officer of the organization.
- Assist as backup for payroll processing.
- Assist with month end and year-end financial and operating reports.
- Develop and implement proper keeping of financial records, making use of current technologies. Create forms and manuals for accounting personnel.
- Assist in the preparation of departmental budgets
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, including 5+ years of experience. CPA certification a plus.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Tracking budget expenses, attention to detail, thoroughness, organization, analyzing information, accounting, vendor relationships, PC proficiency, data entry skills, advanced math skills.
Experience with Great Plains Dynamics Accounting software and Microsoft Excel 2013 a plus.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office setting with some travel between offices. May be stressful at times due to multiple projects and priorities. May deal with angry or upset patients.
PHYSICIAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work requires hand dexterity, stooping, bending, and sitting. Employee must possess visuals and auditory acuity in order to communicate with physicians, co-workers, patients and outside customers.