GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Effectively carry out the physician’s treatment by providing proper fitting, dispensement and education of orthopedic durable medical equipment (DME) for patients.
Job Title: DME Brace Specialist
Reports To: DME Program Manager
Department: Durable Medical Equipment
FULL TIME NON – EXEMPT
JOB Description PDF
- Provide education to patients on the application, use, care, and expected outcome for products as indicated by the physician instructions and manufacturer recommendations. Also, educate patients in regard to insurance plans and provisions, financial responsibility and collection of patient portion.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is obtained as it relates to payer requirements, standard operating procedures, and any other compliance requirements.
- Comply with all elements of HIPAA, Medicare, Medicaid, and other required programs.
EDUCATION: degree/certificate in the medical field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with the application of durable medical equipment (DME) preferred.
- Two years’ experience in a medical facility preferred.
- Licensed or NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer, Certified Orthotic Fitter, Orthopedic Technician, Physical Therapy Tech, Medical Assistant, or comparable professional medical certification preferred.
- Technical product and clinical competency skills.
- Computer literacy including MS Office.
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General understanding of insurance and compliance.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to provide direct patient care.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to work extra hours as needed by patient volume
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS:Work is performed in both an office and clinical environment. Involves frequent contact with staff, the public and patients. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset patients. This position may require travel.
PHYSICIAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work requires hand dexterity, stooping, bending, mobility to complete errands and sitting. Employee must possess visual and auditory acuity in order to communicate with physicians, co-workers, patients and other customer groups. There is possible exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids. Employee must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Last Updated on