GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Manage and perform a variety of complex tasks to ensure efficient operation of the IME Care Center.
Job Title: IME Care Center Coordinator
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Department: Scheduling Coordinator
FULL TIME NON – EXEMPT
JOB Description PDF
- Develop, define, and implement all aspects of the IME Care Center including website content, software implementation, and marketing strategies.
- Manage processes and communication with physicians, attorneys, insurance representatives, IME companies, physician secretaries, and other associated entities to ensure coordination of services.
- Function independently and responsibly with minimal supervision.
- Manage staff as positions are created to assist with IME CC functionality.
- Ensure confidential information and files are kept in accordance with internal and external policies and procedures.
- Direct liaison between the physicians, attorneys, insurance companies, and IME scheduling companies.
- Develop and implement marketing plan for law firms, insurance companies, and IME vendors to expand the IME CC business.
- Proficient understanding and efficient use of electronic medical record, including Medent and BMA
- Maintain professional and client relationships.
- Contact outside specialists to join IME CC panel, obtain required information for scheduling, create panel physician packet. Ensure all necessary documents are
received and maintain up-to-date information on website. Coordinate scheduling for services with the appropriate contact person.
- Transcription of all documents: IMEs, Narrative Letters, Record Reviews, Addendums, Miscellaneous.
- Scheduling of all services: IMEs, Depositions, Narrative Letters, Record Reviews, Addendums, Phone Consults, and Miscellaneous services.
- Create confirmation letters and invoices for all services.
- Confirm scheduling of all services with physician secretary.
- Create and schedule services in Medent and BMA.
- Manage financial aspects: Billing, accounts receivable, payments for physicians, refunds, and deposits.
- Print, tag, and organize all records for IMEs, Depositions, Narrative Letters, and Phone consults and miscellaneous forms as necessary.
- Confirm all appointments the day prior to scheduled service (IMEs and Depositions).
- Send reminder email for all services day prior to scheduled service for appropriate employees at OIP.
- Respond to all email/voice mail in an efficient and timely manner.
- Other job duties as defined.
EDUCATION: High School diploma, plus at least 3 years’ experience working in a medical practice. Associates Degree preferred. CHDS (Certified Healthcare Documentation Specialist) and licensed Notary Public beneficial but not required.
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office Products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Excellent interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or succeed patient service
REQUIREMENTS: Excellent customer service skills. Flexibility to work nights and weekends
- Knowledge of Practice Management and Word Processing Software
- Computer background/knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of surgical procedures desirable.
- Knowledge of medical terminology helpful.
- Skill in operating a computer
- Excellent communication skills with patients, coworkers, physicians and outside facilities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Must possess tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrates flexibility by adapting to new and changing situations and duties in order to need patient needs effectively.
- Time management skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Works independently
- Ability to exercise judgment and make decisions
- Ability to apply written instructions and standardized work practices.
- Ability to follow protocols
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment and see them through to completion.
- Sound judgment and problem solving ability
- Ability to drive from one location to another
- Must be reliable
- Ability to document accurately and concisely
- Ability to perform while under stress
- Must possess sufficient dexterity to perform the essential responsibilities
- Must be able to communicate in the English language fluently
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office setting with some travel between offices. May be stressful at times due to multiple projects and priorities. May deal with angry or upset patients.
PHYSICIAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work requires hand dexterity, stooping, bending, and sitting. Employee must possess visuals and auditory acuity in order to communicate with physicians, co-workers, patients and outside customers.
Last Updated on