GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Patient Care Assistant assists the physicians and clinical staff to ensure a timely and efficient patient flow while providing outstanding patient care and customer service.
Job Title: Patient Care Assistant
Reports To: Clinical Supervisor
FULL TIME NON – EXEMPT
JOB Description PDF
- Assures patient flow throughout the office
- Greets patients and escorts them from waiting area to X Ray or exam room
- Assist with patient vitals
- Entering patient information into EMR
- Other duties as assigned – i.e. opening, closing, stocking, cleaning equipment
High school diploma required.
Prefer minimum of 1 year work experience in a health care facility setting.
Work is performed in a medical practice environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Exposure to bodily fluids is possible.
Work requires hand dexterity, stooping, bending, and sitting. Employee must possess visuals and auditory acuity in
order to communicate with physicians, co-workers, patients and outside customers.