Foot & Ankle Care Center
Common foot and ankle problems are generally related to heredity causes, injury, wear and tear, and extreme foot wear or activity.
Your feet and ankles carry you throughout the day, and they must have the strength and flexibility you need to safely function without discomfort. At OIP, our Central PA ankle and foot surgeons have the knowledge and training to help you regain movement. We’ll work with you to reduce bone, tendon and ligament stressors, and heal injuries or surgical sites.
We differ from other foot care centers and podiatrists in Central PA because we have a unique philosophy when it comes to determining how to approach your case. Regardless of the cause of your foot problem, our foot and ankle specialists emphasize the most conservative treatment options.
Conservative treatment assists your body in healing itself, rather than forcing it to bear loads or perform actions it is not prepared to handle. You’ll be able to enjoy long-term positive outcomes, rather than facing regression after treatment that puts too much emphasis on speed over effectiveness. With that being said, we will always discuss your goals for rehabilitation to ensure you are completely engaged in your healthcare decisions.
Causes of Foot & Ankle Pain
The pain you’re experiencing in your foot or ankle can originate from various factors. The most common reasons we treat foot and ankle pain are:
- Fractures: Can range from minor hairline fractures to larger breaks. Most heal on their own, but big breaks may require surgery.
- Sprains: An injury to ligaments around a joint that hold the bones together.
- Overuse: Usually a walking- or running-related injury that gets more painful over time.
- Trauma: An injury related to a traumatic event, such as a sports injury or car accident.
Any of these reasons can cause a decreased range of motion, difficulty walking, instability, numbness, weakness or deformity. If you’re experiencing any of these issues, it’s time to give the ankle specialists at OIP a call to set up an appointment. We’ll get you the treatment you need for foot and ankle pain and fractures.
Foot & Ankle Conditions
Feel confident that you’re getting the best care for your injury when you choose the expert foot and ankle doctors near you at OIP. We have years of experience providing professional foot and ankle fracture treatment and caring for other foot and ankle conditions, including:
- Arthritis: We treat many kinds of joint pain, such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and post-traumatic arthritis.
- Bunions: Bunions result from a misalignment of the big toe and can be repaired with surgical or nonsurgical techniques.
- Tendon injuries: These injuries include acute tears, tendinosis, tendonitis and tendinopathy.
- Achilles injuries: A swollen or torn Achilles tendon can make it painful or impossible to move about.
We can also help you with other foot or ankle issues, such as:
- Residual clubfoot.
- Plantar Fasciitis.
- Foot issues related to diabetes or geriatrics.