OIP Offers Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy in Central PA
What if your body could produce injury-healing cells to assist in more rapid recovery from trauma? It can, and the process to harness these cells is called platelet rich plasma therapy, or PRP therapy. At OIP in central PA, we offer platelet rich plasma therapy in warranted situations to benefit people like you who want to make use of the natural properties of their own bodies.
To talk to one of the specialists on our team about platelet rich plasma injections, please contact OIP today at 717-761-5530 to make an appointment at one of our locations in the Harrisburg/Camp Hill area.
Could You Be a Candidate for Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy?
Like all medically-approved procedures, platelet rich plasma therapy is best for certain candidates. While there is no way to tell if you are a candidate without a thorough examination, you can use the following checklist to determine if you fit the general profile of platelet rich plasma injection candidates:
- You have tried other treatments to improve your site of injury or medical condition, such as arthritis, but those treatments have not been effective.
- You want to avoid surgery at the site of your injury or the body part where you are having problems.
- The pain you experience day-to-day is affecting your ability to fully live your life. For example, you may have stopped engaging in activities you used to do because your body hurts.
- You feel like over-the-counter medications are no longer strong enough to provide you with relief from your injury or medical problem. Yet you do not want to take stronger prescription painkillers if at all possible.
- Joint and/or steroid injections have not worked for you, so you’re looking for an alternative.
Last Updated on